Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ramen Noodles

I recreated Ramen Noodles. One rainy day after environmental education summer camp at the school (1-2km from my house), Courtney and I headed home. We slipped and slided through the almost empty muddy river that had formerly been a major route in Paraguayan highways. The morning buckets of water from the sky had changed it quickly and dramatically. The only two trucks to pass us, completely and shamelessly drenched us. When we finally arrived home, my one room dry haven, we´re craved the cheapest feel good college comfort food....Ramen Noodles (with shrimp flavor). Being in Paraguay, its not so available. Never fear though Sadiya to the rescue. I decided, I can make Ramen Noodles from whatever was in my house - mostly salt and soy sauce. And so I did. It had the exact same taste (minus the shriveled, chewy shrimp.) Now if I could only convey flavor in a photo.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, ramen is one of the foods that i will not eat anymore. completely got turned off from them some time in college after freshman year.

    but i used to crave it so...

    ReplyDelete