After my ridiculous delay in Rio de Janiero (where I had to spend the day in the airport because they messed up and pointed me in the wrong direction and then took away my passport and say they were going to put me back on a plane to the United States, only to realize they messed up and after 8 some hours give it back and get me to Asuncion), I got back to Paraguay via Buenos Aires, Argentina (where I had to spend the night the airport) on New Year´s Day. Yay! A total of 37 hours in an airport or airplane. But you have to look at some positives to the situation, when they realized in Brazil they messed up they put me in the VIP Lounge and gave me dinner & I got the chance to see fireworks all over Buenos Aires as my plane flew into the city. Magnificent.
Otherwise, things are going well. Doing a lot of traveling within the zone in order to plan for the next year. We just had a meeting with the NGO in the area, with which another volunteer and I are trying to work. The meeting went well and I am looking forward to the ideas we developed. Some include continuing and augmenting the existing work with the women´s groups and in agriculture, and possibly expanding into the realm of health education within schools under the NGO´s area. Within the month we´re supposed to come up with an action plan after they decide their specific interests. I think it´s a good step forward but I hope that we have an opportunity to question the communities go gather their interests as well. We shall see. Crossing fingers and waiting to hear.
Will post more photos soon. I have a summer camp for environmental education coming up with another PCV. Hopefully kids will have fun in that!
Will post more photos soon. I have a summer camp for environmental education coming up with another PCV. Hopefully kids will have fun in that!
No comments:
Post a Comment