Saturday, December 27, 2008

Animals!


This is my contact's neighbor's horse, one of many. Caachape's are horse pulled carts. This is very unique to San Pedro. Nothing like hitchhiking on a passing caachape so you don't have to walk the one and one-half km to your next meeting.



There are so many animals around my house. The only one allowed in of course is my cat, Audrey (sleeping in the indoor hammock in the first photo). She's still a kitten and so cute!

Chickens I've learned are not only great at organic waste management, but then find ways to sneak into your garden to eat your veggies too! Thank goodness they produce eggs or else the 3 and 4 AM alarm clocks outside the window would really become a problem...not to mention the poop everywhere including in front of your door, so that as you step out, you always have the potential to slip and fall. (Not that it's ever happened to me or I'd never be able to forget that one.)
And finally, the host family's dog, Doggie. I don't really like the name because it's not very entertaining, so I've changed it to Dougie, though honestly Doggie and Dougie quite similar.

1 comment:

  1. i love the kitten. and leave it to you to name it audrey :)

    ReplyDelete